Loved Those who loves Freely!

I wanted only the ordinary.
Not the glamour or the notoriety.
To sit with those who would have loved.
Considered me a gift given from above.
Recognized that I sincerely was.
Yet, there were those who did.
It is those that I genuinely miss, long for.
As I am now using my precious son,
To deny those who has not done for me.
It is precisely because the life I longed for
Will be far removed from me, my people.
My fantasy to sit with the poorest of them.
Not to make a name for myself but because of
The rejection of them, that I certainly did love.
For I love those that are capable of loving.
Not those who can purchase love, and do pay.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric