Paper!

Have I said it all?
Is once ever enough?
If I were respected,
You genuinely sorry.
Twenty times you would
Have said, forgive me. I'm sorry!

We would not have fallen.
Like wounded birds
That can no longer fly.
Instead, you would have
Held me as I cried.
But our love has crashed
And cannot be revived.

I am not made of paper.
So, paper cannot hold me.
My heart cannot be glued
Or taped together.
Do not want to be a broken lover.
Want one to cling to and savor.
Water my love, and not discard it
Like paper, paper!

I feel so all alone.
That has caused me
To be sad and torn.
But I am not paper.
I cannot be glued
Or taped together.
Don't want a broken union.
But one that gets better as it.
Moves along, is cherished.
Not just the paper, paper!


For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric