True Value!

I had an enjoyable weekend but rather disconcerting one. It was unsettling because several months ago, I had a vision that I had occupied a certain property in San Antonio. In my vision, I saw the precise area and recognized that the property was an extremely old one. What I did not see was that area was a historic neighborhood. It sits on the former Alamo land on the same block with the museum district in down Town San Antonio. That home is currently privately owned. It is not currently on the market. I assumed if it were ever sold, that the cost would be astronomical. With that, I was terribly confused as to the reason; my father showed that to me.

I visited San Antonio this past weekend. This morning, I walked for more than two hours until I found the house and recognized the precise angle I saw in my vision.

I know at times my vision are meant as visual aid to enable me to understand my situation. Although, I must admit that I do not always fully grasp what is being imparted to me. After seeing that the house was in King William National Historic District, I thought it best then to search my mind for the correlation between me and that house.. In trying to do so, I started to compare the house to my current home. The neighborhood where the older house was felt more like home to me. It was in the middle of the museum and art district, so it appealed to the artist in me.

I realized that my current property is a lot more modern, probably larger and tucked away from City life, and the quietness also appeals to me. That house was probably the extreme opposite, with all the tourist walking the street. Its history, its age and location in the middle of the City, certainly would determine its value.

It then occurred to me, that I had more in common with that house than the one I currently possess. I feel that I too have fallen in disrepair, yet I am a person of worth. If one cannot grasp this concept, then I cannot expect them to understand what it is I am trying to convey. I certainly do think I now understand the father's point.

Most of the surrounding properties appeared to be well taken care of, but not that one. That one appeared to need some work to restore it to this original beauty. Nonetheless, I could still see all that it was and could be if it were to be restored.

I recognized that at times I have to push every thing aside, and focus on what is being told me to get an understanding of what is being relayed. Other times, I am more concerned about my love ones understanding the importance of choosing God over earthly goals. I then miss his direction or what he tries to communicate to me. I also know what it is like to be misunderstood. I feel that, at times, that I do not communicate clearly. As a result, I am inclined to say quite a bit, but my point still gets lost, and that too is frustrating.

Other times, I place all my energies on trying to get away from my current life, to the detriment of my joy. I do so because, I feel unappreciated. It is also heart wrenching being with someone, who does not know me. For me, not being able to share my true self with my partner is extremely difficult and frustrating. As a prime property that is not being taken care of declines, so does my outlook. Not that I am not cheerful and bright, but I have been in this rot for some time. That property may continue to decline if it does not come under new ownership, or if the current owner does not do something about its current state. I think that was my father's point!

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric