Still Considering!

It is true that I could easily condemn any people regardless of heritage. I know my roots, but I cannot sincerely identify with any group of people more than the other. I had a natural tendency to be more attracted to Caucasian Hebrew men more than others, but married an African American man. The reason I did that was because, at that time, he was more courteous and treated me with more love and respect than all.

Oddly enough it was South Africa, where apartheid existed until the other day, yet for the last few years, it has been two of its people of Caucasian origin that has cared for me. Strangely, one is of Austrian origin, and the other is a South African Jew.

One of these, a lady friend, accompanied me to my surgery and stayed with me at my home after the surgery. The other, a male, helped me tremendously with investing and stopped me several times from liquidating. Although in the past, had he not, my story would have been different, because I would have been long gone. If it were not for his help I would not have been able financially to afford to build the house, I live in, or to send my children to college. It is burned in my mind that at times when my children were all still real young, that he came by and talked to me for hours. I spoke to him a day. or so ago. I was trying to figure out how to get money to give the fellow that said, he would help for a fee. After our conversation, it gave me cause to stop and think. This man, has helped me in some way for as many years, as I have been married. If I turn to anyone that maybe viewed as anti-semitic, that would be hurtful to him. As much as I am upset by this, how could I do the same to another, as has been done to me? It is wrong to destroy an entire group of people based on the action of a few. The ones that have wronged me; it is they that I need to avoid.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric