Important to me!

As essential as air is to our survival,
Blood and fluid for circulation,
A strong heart to keep us going,
Your knowledge of my existence
Is as pertinent to my wellbeing.

If this were not so, I would not have
Revealed that to you, but it was.
Would have not remembered, you knew.
Because of your knowledge and the fact
That I know you would not refute that.
If you came, I would not reject you.

What if you were placed in a cage?
Stripped of your name, told you are now
A manikin, stripped of your humanity,
Would that not caused you to be sad?
Would it not be relevant for one to see,
Who and what you truly are? What I am,
Is the norm for me, not how I am now.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric