Related to Him!

Who wants to be a poster child for rejection?
Or known for being sent away by a beloved one?
How about for being bitter and resentful?
Should I as the recipient of all that and more,
Not be honest and forth right about all this?
Should I lie and say, this is what holy means:
That I benefited tremendously from what he did;
That he stopped to consider me or my children.
Or intervened when I reached out to him for help?
I am responsible for my actions, and mistakes.
But consider my being, was his action, right?
I do not have his protection, so I protect myself.
Through avoidance and at times by lashing out,
Displaying my hurt and opposing my purpose.
For my destiny will benefit the King who denied me.
Given that we are here for the same purpose,
Where is the fairness in the compensation?
Why do I get to do the most difficult part and he
Gets to reap the rewards of my life, and me not from his?
Like any other, I cry, I feel and am offended by all this.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric