Simply Indifferent!

With eyes closed to my person.
He saw the authentic me.
Only later to doubt my claims.
Yet, at various times, I heard him.
For, he alone calls me by my name.

As a lost orphan whose origin,
Is unknown and parents forgotten,
So are my name and my existence.
What peace, it gives me to hear him
Say, Jerusalem my one true love.
Yet, truly sad that he never showed it.

Only with proof based on my own
Determination to make right.
The unfairness of this life, I'll  move on.
I know what I hope to attain, without
The distraction of uncaring individuals
I will reclaim my name, then retreat.
Simply because you choose not to believe.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric