It was All for a Purpose!

For the most part, I just want to disappear.
It would be a lie if I said, that the people,
From whom I came did not loved and supported me.
That would be the furthest thing from the truth.
When the most love I was ever shown,
Was from when I worked and lived among them.

Did not listen as they begged and pleaded
For me not to marry none other than a Hebrew.
Thought all that was necessary was that he believed.
In the Messiah as the savior of the world.
At that time, I did not know my heritage.
Not until my Father revealed all things to me,
Did I not know the origin, of members of my family.

At my wedding many cried but I did not understand.
They kept insisting, you are one of us, no I said.
You are making me nervous. How would they know?
I had once before said my mother's maiden name.
With that they figured it out, as they insist, you are a Hebrew.

Things were hidden, and I did not see, a part
Of what God expected, his plans for me.
As it all unfolds and you will also then see.
While understanding, my path, to set the record
Straight will give hope as I correct mistakes.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric