With Many, I Can Identify!

Do not know what you were interested in.
If it was the girl or in the angel?
If the angel, then that was the problem.
Was not aware that these things were revealed to you.
Now what I once viewed as interest, I conclude was curiosity.
Honestly, my life, my steps were all directed.
Any that would have taken me from my mission
Was purposely guided away from me.

I know what it is like to be weary, discouraged, and to give up.
I understand dissuasion, not being loved or chosen for me.
What it means to lose someone that is dear and significant to me.
For someone else to stand in my place, given credit for my work.
To be wanted for what I am, and not for the person, I am.
How would you feel if someone chose you for your possessions?
Would you not walk away? Now I truly do not know what to do.
I have none other than my father to send people, or turn me away.
Many times, I do not know which relationships are authentic, or amiss.
Even as, my father has hidden me, I now hide myself, has only revealed myself.
In this way, that makes me appear deluded, so I can stay safe,and not be under duress.
I have chosen to live away from everyone, not by choice.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric