Beautiful Children!

I saw your beautiful daughters last night.
Silky shiny locks that draped their heads
Falling on their shoulders, shimmering
As they bounce every so lightly as they
Gracefully move, around and about you.
At first, I was a bit confused. Thought
They were the women, you chose in my instead.
Turns out they were the product of you and me.

How could that be, offspring at this time?
Certainly not at my age! Yet physiologically
The possibility does exist. Another prophecy
You are certainly bound to miss, not because
Of disbelief but more your unawareness
That even at this age we are capable of reproducing.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric