Wait

I have been waiting to see your face.
Can remember so vividly quite a bit
Of yesteryears but not your voice.
It is not the same listening and hearing
Words that you have not yet said.
Wish I could tell you but instead I’ll wait.

If I choose to disclose, I know you would want
To change the appointed time, that I'm slated for you.
And I want to do the same also, but for the sake, of many,
Even yours, I’m disappointed, but I'll wait.
I have done my best to disclose to you, my secret.
But I honestly think that you do not understand.

Do not want my actions to label me as being in the wrong.
Until such time, I am still bound to my obligation.
I know my father will not allow me or any other
To destroy the seed, I have planted in the lives
Of the ones, he placed, for a greater reason,
Entrusted in my care, made me guardian of their souls.
With that, as full of emotions as I may be,
I have no other alternative, so reluctantly, I wait.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric