Only One was Worth Mentioning!

I am sorry to say, that I have been unable to find
Naught but one that is worthy of honorable mentioning.
I must say that since I came here, I have been deceived by many.
I think of that one sometimes, but often, he escapes my mind.
For even as a young mother with several children,
He came and spent many hours having pleasant conversation.
As a man, I have also blessed him, so it is a wonder with all he
Now possess, that he still takes my calls, writes back to me.
Small gestures that was always enough to satisfy and made me happy.
Not necessarily a hug or a touch, just a small gesture that is noteworthy.
An indication of how much my presence is appreciated.
Not promises of things that are of no value to me.
For a smile, his respect has honestly all I ever needed.
This task I have taken on has shown me that there are darned few.
That would choose to do, what he elected to. While the indifference of others,
Have caused me to believe that error predominantly has overtaken men.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric