My Heart Desire!

I stand alone surrounded by a million reasons
Not mine but those given to me as to why
I did not get to attend the school of my choice.
Dated the one guy I truly admired.
Had no choice but to learn what they wanted me to.
Then I was not given enough, but sufficient to meet its use.
Certainly not what would have complimented, glamorize,
Been a blessing or would have substantially benefited me.
But rather for me to stay here drowning in agony.
And for promises of a distant tomorrow to be enabling.
Yet I have a substantial amount of memories of the many ways,
He has failed me, was never there, kept refusing to lend a hand,
Love, cheer, sustain or even to allow me, to be me.

Truly wish I was not so human, then I would not have become discouraged.
Perhaps now I am, because it sincerely matters, a distraction from my function.
For the sake of this, your comprehension was mottled, so that I could fulfill,
Carry on, remain stuck, committed to the horrible predicament entrusted upon me.
Wish I could truly come right out and tell you, show you, talk, sit down with you.
Then it would not matter that the other has been cruel and has given all to himself.
That is actually my greatest lost! Would have been the greatest gift, that of support.
The kind that I was never given, not of treasures and clothes, I actually have those.
For those whose welfare I was sent, is supposed to be for their glory, not mine.
So I sit still in the shadows, not knowing who my readers are. Yet I do know,
One is a child, not in the physical sense but spiritual. What I am not aware of,
Is if others perceive this as truth, or because they lack knowledge, my writings
is nothing more than poetry to them. It is my desire for all those who search for me, to know.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric