You were Chosen!

Not even to the woman who gave birth to me.
The brother who genuinely loved and protected me.
My only sister, who asked why I did not do more,
To help, defend or chose even to sit with her?
I sorrow for them all. For I was only being obedient to my call,
My purpose did not include them, but ironically does you.
That will be the reason, as your life ends that I will be there.
Comforting, strengthening and giving joy as you look back upon life.
Why I chose to wait on you, reveal myself to no other.
Chose to bless you, but asked or required nothing from you.
In the final conclusion, it needs be known that,
I will return to my Father’s throne. Until then take comfort in knowing,
That while on earth I too was all human.




Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric