What Freedom Means to Me!

I gaze deep within, at the heart of my soul,
I know my longings, the determined proud,
Ambitious, vivacious girl, I have always been.
I see relationships, my love, wants and joys,
All reflected, like a two way mirror staring deep inside,
The windows of all their experiences in their story telling eyes.
It is theirs, but I hold unto it, as though, they are all mine.
How can I then surrender disappoint any of them?

This might be more like their great-grandmother’s peril.
Having to do what ever their master’s bade them.
Without any regard for their wives, or women from their younger years.
The ones they choose to give all of their youth, to.
I do not want to disappoint myself or repeat history for them.
If I give in, I would have failed them, and how could I.
I know what it is like to be let down, disappointed,
Made to build a house, come secondary to children.
Can I allow myself to fail them, most of all, me?

I am so disillusioned by all I see, by the ones that spent time,
Frustrating and has never been there to support me, it is not fair.
This obligation that is burdening, inflicting, has me in the shadows.
May not have physically scared but has profoundly impacted,
Buried my virtues. The unwritten, the unseen, the truth of me, hidden.
So now all I desire is to be free, to be obligated to none other than me.
To be totally finished, in order to move on, close this temporary chapter.
If I were never before worthy of their time, now they will not be of mine.
That to me, my friend, is the meaning of freedom, as it relates to me.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric