Was All For His Sake!

I could never delight in him, who I sorrow in.
Promises of a tomorrow away from all
That I have ever known or loved, comforted in.
Took my love, my smile replaced it with seclusion.
Do not ever want for it to be said that my joy is in his solution.

The desire of youth, aspiration to attain, stolen,
Lied to, given nothing but continued shame.
Then declared it, love and honor, by his standards.
So that, I may know it was never for me.
For the keeper of the sheep, for his sake he deserted me.

What is to me, that you no longer love who you did once.
Does not give peace or changed anything, life is the same for me.
The reason, I worked as a child, I want for you to know was because
I wanted to provide things for myself. Having to relying on others
Is what has caused me anger and has frustrated more than you know.
Then again it is clear that you do not care ever to appease me.
Or in what would give joy, because all you ever did was frustrate me.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric