All Related to Me

Flash Dance was my favorite movie of all time. It was so because of the main character's determination to become a dancer and my own desire as a girl to dance. I saw my first classical ballet when I was five years old, and it was Giselle. From that time, I had a desire to dance.

At that early age, I asked my parents if I could have dance lessons. They thought it all terribly funny, but my dad did tell me at one time to get the relevant details and then he would take care of it. Seriously! I needed help in the same manner as any child did. In the end, I did not have dance lessons because even then, there were limits as to what I was capable of doing. Making arrangement were not within my capability.

So I did what I was capable of, and became a fan of the theater. My parents were not theater people so often times, I went alone. I participated in some school drama production, and I think the last time, I did that I was in my late 20’s. I participated in a Christmas program, in a church, in New York. I also took a theater class in college, but it was one where we closely studied the theater. We attended several Broadway shows discussed them and wrote a critique of the production. Ironically my son took a similar class in high school, and I attended several performances, with him, that his class attended. For the most part, there are only a few of the extremely popular Broadway shows that I have not seen. When it comes to the ballet that is a lot different, I have only seen a few of the most popular ones. Don Quixote was the exact last dance production that I attended.

I called my poetry book fantasy/Controversy or My Reality for a specific reason. The reality and the claims of my precise being are directly related to creatures that are considered mythical. I now realized that I was drawn to the ballet because the costumes made the dancers appear as if they were angels.

As young as I was, I did make my way one day down to the only dance studio that I knew of at the time in Belize. I looked in and saw a crowded room of children, not angels, so I turned away. I wanted to dance, but that was not what my search was about. I was searching for the angels, I had seen in the production but all I saw were regular people.

Although I've done things in life based on my own passion and good intentions, I have made my own mistakes. I've had my own fears and apprehension about men and realized then through my relationships.  I have not realized a lot of my wishes and dreams. I get trapped in situation and it seems as if like when I was a child, things does not happen or I get stuck because I've never had an advocate. I go from one difficult situation to another and I've been in my situation for way too long, it makes things seem so hopeless.

If I don't take that first step no one will do so for me and praying certainly has never cause God to send me manna from heaven. From children wishes to adult need for love and companionship, nothing seem to work out for me, but I want it to for my children. For that reason, I've not done for my benefit. So that my son, could become his best self.

This is truly not how my end should be written, but it was my reality and apart of a difficult life on earth.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric