Unknown to Them!

Initially, I loved all I was given to.
Not now, I just wish they knew me.
Then maybe I would not have lost.
My name, their love, be alone, but I am.

I think a lot about you because you knew.
For a moment, you brought comfort to me.
Then like all others, I feel, you failed me.
The reason I walked away from you, them too.

Jerusalem, I heard you say. Thank you.
For never calling me by my surmise name.
I am glad you always used my given title.
As if you knew. Then if you did, where are you?

I told you, it was because he does not know me!
Neither does my mother, father, sister or brothers.
Jerusalem has never cheated. Loved, and served them all.
I called you once, will never do that again. A promise to myself.

Felt to me that you also choose to abandoned me.
Truly, consider! I have no family. Yet, you are.
I wish you knew that! One day, I will prove it to you.
So, what is your excuse for not helping Jerusalem?


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric