Conversations with an Angel!

If what I now realize is true,
Then my heart aches for you.
I do think about you often
Am terribly uncertain, don’t know
What it is that I can do.
I have always loved you, but I also,
Had my doubts and apprehensions too.

When I looked at you all I saw
Was your beauty, not your misgivings.
Did not realized there was a wounded
Child that lay quietly, trapped inside
Of the girl who once chose to wave.
Left such an impression with that smile.
Who would not love her, want her?

I too was a lonely hard working guy,
That longed to have someone by my side.
Did not realize that it would have caused
You eventually to push love aside.
Beside what have I ever done for you?
Caused you to have waited, call upon me?
I was unsure, now like then, just did not know
How to reach-out, connect with you, but I wanted to.



Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric