Not My Earthly Husband!

My earthly husband could be portrayed as a saint.
It was his up bringing and misgiving that’s his defect.
His belief system and example that affected him.
Was never truly taught how to trust and love women.
It could never be said that he partook in merriment.
It was foolish of me to think I could show him,
What it was that I truly needed. It was not within him.

He is who he was, and I was who and what I am.
He can be viewed as a good person, and I would agree.
But I feel that there were times when I needed him
And he was not there for me, not in the way he needed to be.
Religiousness and wrong teaching was what caused him to
Close his eyes to me. So it was not him, that I reached out to.
It was the man that my celestial being was attached to.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric