The Deliverer of Me!

Jerusalem was in too much distress.
Please come get me, but no!
So now, I will be robbed of life.
Wish the lump was also in my head.
That my tears were all fake, pretend.
I turned to him over and over.
A hundred million times, I must have tried.
If you leave me, I will die, once again.
He turned his back on me instead.
Who other than him would have chosen
To deliver me, release me from my burden?
I was certain that no other human would care.
So I set myself free. All I wanted was to leave.
Instead if, it is cancer, it should be said,
That it was my deliverer, not the Lord, He left me.
In my distress, he never knew me, acknowledge me.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric