Where is He?

Where is my Husband?
Why did He not want me?
Prefer human beings instead.
How could this all be lies?
Exist only in my head?

I had never looked at another
Until after He had deserted me.
Yet he claims to have loved me.
Excuses, excuses, why deny
My existence, pretend we never met?

Even I have seen my halo.
When surrounded by the evil one.
I light up, shine bright like a light.
I know that I do not like being here.
But how could I choose to do the same?
Leave my son to return from where I came.

How could a moment in our existence
Bring about the end of an everlasting union?
Alcohol, women, drugs, way more valuable.
So Jerusalem gets to live uncertain.
With strangers that have never seen her person.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric