Trying to Maintain Control!

The nice thing about having worked in the medical field is that most of my friends are from that arena. Not that I worked with any of the people I am currently friends with. Today, a friend accompanied my daughter and me to the spa. I picked her up from her house and was able to confide in her about my anxiety over my biopsy.

I supposed she was what I needed, someone that knew the ins, and out of this, that could talk to me in a way, I could relate. I told her that I had my chart set up in a way that I usually could access my test results on line. I truly do not like surprises, for that reason, the way they are handling this has caused me anxiety. I logged into my chart last night, but only my past lab result was in the system. For what ever reason, my current result seemed to be tightly sealed.

I know myself, and I do not want to hear any negative result while alone in a doctor’s office. If I had then to drive home, that would cause me not to be able to focus. With that, I e-mailed my doctor and said to her, I received this letter telling me that I needed to check with you concerning my biopsy result. Is this actually necessary? Depending on how she answers, I will determine what the news is. I may then get my friend to accompany me; she has more knowledge about this issue than I do. Apart from that, I know that if it is terrible news, I will immediately stop listening, after it was delivered. In the mean time, I know that I need to relax, but that is easier said than done.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric