Forgiven!

Why did you want to hurt me?
All you had to say was I’m sorry.
You so openly displayed you lack
Of love and compassion for me.
Your choosing another, humiliated me.
I need a genuine apology, not reconciliation.

After inflicting such hurt, and agony
Why manipulate my life, label me,
My circumstances, my purpose?
You claimed to have walked away
So not to hurt me, but it did a whole
Lot more than if you had stayed.

It is one thing to want forgiveness
Another to want a commitment.
What have you ever done for me?
You said yourself that you deserted me.
I tried to force you to say, you were sorry.
Instead, you chose to stick with your story.

Told you before, and I will say it again,
I have accepted that you treated me unfairly.
Today I am officially and publicly forgiving you,
I will no longer direct my anger towards you.
I know what is written, but now, I prefer to walk alone.
Your desertion did affect the way I respond to others.



Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric