As is Written!

They talk as if they know.
How little do they realize.
Yet within themselves
They are thoroughly convinced,
Of all the lies that they teach.

Know that I will be criticized.
According to prophecy in the bible
They will surely gather against me.
No wonder they are nothing but smoke.
In my father's nostrils, it is they that will be
Ashamed but that will not be true of me.

Not a single part of my purpose is easy.
The reason my heart has now failed me.
Why I am now hiding behind this veil,
Of words and poetry that hesitates
Then dears to reach out, only to a few.

What is my broken heart supposed to do?
As it is written it will be, for my father.
He has never failed to do what, he’s begun.
A shiver in my knee, as the days moves on.
I prepare, sadly, my spirits silently grieves.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric