Audience Review!

As I walked across the stage
Determined to take my place.
This was to be the performance
That showcases my conversations
As a being, lover, mother and wife.

I quickly glance at the audience.
Do they recognize my face, realize
That what they are about to see was more
Than presentation, they will actually
hear the high and lows of my thoughts.

All will know hear of my highs and low.
There is not a roller coaster that has been made
That has my spirit, or that is so out of control.
As far as my poetry and art.
Are they so vividly honest.

Is this a solitary show or am I truly one of a few,
Whose work and will continues to get ignored?
For whom will the final standing ovation be?
The author, performer, or as is expected, an actress?
As apart of the theater experience, I play along and bow.

I do as they do, I ignore, deny, place my head in a bubble.
To what end, avoid trouble, pretend I'm naïve, unaware
Of their conclusions dangers that loom around me.
I lose myself in the moment of pretending their cheers,
Indicates they enjoyed my expression and are all my supporters.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric