Hidden!

Consistently when I am upset, I long for one thing and that is to see my home. In the past, I had to ride the waves until I became pleased again. Today, I decided to do something about that too. I asked my two daughters that were at home if they wanted to accompany me on a drive. They said no, so alone, I drove an hour to the gulf.

I have childhood memories of sitting on the sea wall and looking as the waves crashed into it. The smell of the sea and the splashing waves always calms me. The site today was nothing like what I was used to. Here, it was a foggy mild day. The sky was not visible only the mud from the bottom of the ocean. I also failed to capture the familiar smell. Nothing was the way, I knew it to be, identical to my life.

Instead of focusing on all that it was not, I did another familiar thing. I wrote two poems and photograph my disappointment. That was me!! That was the way I spent the last eighteen years of my life, writing and documenting my experience and observation in poetry. Essentially, I spend my time mostly meeting my family's needs, and in front of the computer screen.


Came here to watch the sunlight
Hoping to have seen it shimmer and dance.
It embraced the floating movement of each wave.
A fog covered the skies and block the light.
The wonder I came to enjoy was hidden from my sight.
Perhaps it was aware that my joy escaped,
Lay buried deep within the essence of my being.
The bottom of the ocean was more visible,
The water was dark and gloomy.
I wanted to see it raise and fall, to give me hope,
That one day I would do the same.

Heaven oh heaven my beloved home, where are you.
I came here not only for the dance of the waves, but the view.
To look to the horizon, upwards, to see a glimpse of you.


For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric