Still I Wrestle!

I earnestly attempted to flee.
Wanted to get away, elude
My written destiny, as always
None other than the Lord
Put a stop to my cowardly
Attempts to escape once again.

Friend, foe, or lover of my soul is he?
Look at the option that he has given me.
Move on, live out my fate. I contemplated
Getting away, to simply flee or continue
To do what has hurt me, or as I was bade to.
Made it easier for myself by leaving it to him.
So now he can choose to do, or turn away.

In my heart and mind, I wrestle.
How could I have done that to him?
As timid as I am, I refused to be frank,
Completely honest, I avoided the truth.
By hiding his purpose, our intended relation.
Except in poems but how could I admit to this?
I would never have except I felt forced to do it.
So now, as I await a response I am anxious.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric