Nightmare!

My chest is exceedingly heavy. On Wednesday, my husband dropped my daughter that has been giving us a world of trouble off at school. Later that day, he received a call saying, she was seen on camera leaving. Three weeks ago when she turned 18 she was discharged from a residential treatment center. With her still having another semester of high school credits left to do, I registered her in a charter school. A week before discharge she said all the rights things to try to convinced us that she was reformed.

I did not want to appear skeptical; therefore, I was extremely supportive. I had all intention to be accommodating. It took all that I did not possess to go along. Our daughter had in the past because or her strong will and wishes to do as she wanted, made false allegations against me. It angered me because my husband did not defend me and from my prospective was supportive of her and not me.

Since that call came in, informing us that she had left her school campus, we don't have a clue as to where she was. On Friday, I asked my husband to report to the authorities that she walked out of school. I also asked him to give them a copy of her psychiatric report that details that she is manipulative. He made the report but did not give details of her history.

This weekend he is away camping with our sons and that dreaded phone call came in. Some woman called saying they found our daughter wandering around in the dark. She told the woman that her parents had kicked her out the house. I told the woman that was not true and for her to call the cops. She did! After my daughter had spoken to the cops, she did exactly what worked for her the first time. She made another allegation against me.

In the last few weeks, I have been consumed with thoughts about seeking treatment for the precancerous legions, I had removed from my breast. I have hardly been interacting with any of my children. During the short period she was here she came to my room twice to talk privately with me. The first time, I redirected her to my husband and the second time I barely responded. The atmosphere of our home has been remarkably peaceful, while she was gone. It was certainly more intense since she came back, yet it has been relatively uneventful. There was nothing going on other than my being overly concerned about my health and writing about it.

After speaking to the cops, I got nervous and tried calling my husband. I text and place voice calls about a total of ten times. I got no response, with that I called a friend who is a lawyer. I explained the situation, and he said I was not obligated to take her back in my home because she is 18. My many concerns were not about her age but were of the fact that I feel unsafe because of her recent behaviors.

I asked him what my course of action should be if upon my husband's return, he brings her back home. He said I couldn't leave the home or I would lose custody of our two under-age children. Then he advised me to seek the help of an attorney that specialized in family law.

I cannot believe that I have to live and feel unsafe in the home, I worked so hard to build. I cannot believe that an individual can be so disturbed, Or that anyone would side with something like this. And this statement is not of my confused, lost child.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric