Oil and Water!

A few days ago, I went to a wellness center to seek alternative treatment that would lessen my risk of having breast cancer. It cost me money I did not have but hopefully in the long run it would be worth it.

On the home front, my husband and my inability to communicate have not changed. After all the struggles of last year, our views on my daughter’s potential remains unchanged. As we try to make a decision to allow her to graduate with the minimum amount of high school credits or the recommended, it resulted in a fight. I believe that our daughter has too many challenges and, therefore, should do the minimum. My husbands see her struggles as being in the past and believe she is fully capable of meeting the maximum requirements.

I know how much engaging in battle with him and her behavior has affected me. Yet, it remains extremely difficult to stay indifferent when I am present. I have honestly done all that I am capable of doing and need to let go. I will always be who and what I am, and my husband will always be who he is no matter the circumstance. I certainly do not need any more stress in my life. We certainly are not Romeo and Juliet, and definitely more like oil and water. I just need to accept that this is one of those things I cannot change. Problem is, it is hard to accept that I failed at this relationship. It is even more difficult to sit around and say nothing when I strongly believe that it is unjust to require this of this our child, or to misguide her.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric