Distorted View!

I saw you and life through a veil.
It protected me, separated you,
Kept me from loving, knowing
distorted my view.

Allowed me to filter, see the quality.
I thought was the person of you.
But I didn't think you would have failed me.

As I unveiled my self, I became insecure.
The unknown pretend girl felt unsafe.
The world does not know but my regret
Not knowing about my spiritual abandonment.

Have you ever watched or stepped aside
while others inflict pain?
Refused to step in or to do anything?
Hide and walk away support the other side?

Wanted you to see my face, that was my mistake,
frustrated, I wanted others to know as well.
All that got me was more scrutiny and doubt. But not you,
for you had already turned me away.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric