Can Love Survive?

Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem
One that I truly loved.
How could I have left you,
Turned my face away from you?

But who has love ever fed?
For the craving of the stomach
many chose to wed
But does their union survive?

I, Jerusalem loved and desired
To give my affection to no other,
Than those that is literally starving.
Whether for food or for love,
It was them, I mostly thought of.

If, for a moment, I loved myself more,
Those that suffer, I also would have ignored.
So tell me traitor of me, did you get
All that you admired and wanted more?

My soul tells me that it was the other
That cared and will dare to care.
It will be he, that will shelter and protect.
Not only me but your other servant, as well.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric