My Lost, My Gain!

As if, I had washed up on a deserted shore.
With nowhere to go and nothing more than my desire.
To find my partner or another love, I searched.
Only not to find, but only to discover you had left me.

As though I had become skilled at losing, I also lost him.
In addition to losing my past life, I had no other choice.
I had to sort through the relevant and the unnecessary.
Then to let go, or get swallowed up by unfriendly enemies.

I had to free myself of the heavy load in order to proceed.
Advance to the next chapter and not remain unsure.
For if I were to stand in one place, where would I be?
For my improvement was not his priority, but mine.
Certainly was yours at one point in time, just not now.

I am not truly naïve or blind to any of these things.
Although, this I find disheartening, I understand the lost.
For in losing, I gain a wealth of understanding in the
Human condition, intentions, is ready to move forward.
But still is baffled by your choice not to have waited for me.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric