Mission Trumps Desire!

Interview with an Angel!
“Tell me what is it, that a young angel
Would actually consider that a man
Could assist her with?”

I had to catch his eye, hold his interest.
While still maintaining my reputation.
Not consider I was uncomfortable.
As I watched him flirting and courting.

He didn't consider I was another person.
I was disappointed when I chose to walked away.
Did occasionally think of him, want to see him again.
But pushed all thoughts aside and kept going.

As a person I was oblivious, but not the angel.
Do I seriously need to state the obvious?
My human desires could get me thrown in hell.
I need to let go of desire and pent up frustration.

Yet as a person, All I did was cater to people.
Mostly the despondent ones, as I sat down with them.
The drunken ones, I'd clothe and converse with,
Even the drug over dose addicts, who never learned to quit.

It was the things that I did for others, that kept me going,
Caused me to become tired and weary.
Gave me excuses to not pursue my dreams.
Why I was crushed, when they took it all for granted.

"Why do they feel as if it were simply all for nothing?"
My King denied my being, its as if he longer loves me.
My prince cannot come in unless I'm freed from these.
Or if the one selected sincerely doesn't believe,
I left wondering why.
 
For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric