For Future Thanksgiving!

Puckering, fussing, and kissing.
Laughing at your computer screen.
Forever the hopeful romantic.
Believing in the deliverance
By a voiceless prince, pretty similar.
To the ineffectiveness that disables.
Does not bring change or offer anything.

The best thing that is happening, now,
Is that I am inspired and is writing.
For when I am content, I do not think.
Can hardly produce, or write a thing.
I wish for my play to be complete by that day.
To have enough poems, not only to fill a stage.
But as this age ends for it to be nothing more
Than a reminder, to be thankful for each day.


For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric