Rewriting History!

I’m letting go of the plans
He had for me, walking
Away, writing a new history.

They believe if he says it then
It must be, but not so with me.
I’ll be the author of my destiny.

I’m sorry that you didn't choose me.
It saddens me to see the end, of our journey.
But this is the way things have always been.

I know all that you have imparted.
And I'm now a hurting person.
Why then cast nothing but your shadow?

What then if I choose to love another?
Just enable me to live entirely free, rewrite history.
They would never know, as they all doubt me.

I only asked for this one thing from the beginning.
But instead of helping all this you denied me.
With that, this and you no longer appeals to me.

For more of Ruth's poetry purchase, Fantasy/Controversy or My Reality.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric