Pathology Results!

Well according to the pathology result, my left breast had a phyllodes tumor. The fabulous news is no cancer cells were detected, and this one had a low mitotic index. So as of now, I am waiting to hear if anymore treatment will be indicated. I would assume that extraction would be the only required intervention.

Basically a phyllodes tumor is extremely rare and can be cancerous at times. The treatment is typically, extraction alone, if the tumor is benign. If it is a carcinoma, then chemotherapy or radiation would be indicated.

Starting at age thirty, I got my first mammogram after finding a lump in my breast. The first time, I was extremely nervous. I had recently relocated after getting married and that made me feel worse. At that time, all my friends were in New York and my husband does not handle this kind of situation particularly well. As a result of finding that mass, I decided to have my first child. I remembered it was mentioned in nursing school that sometimes because of the high levels of hormone produced in pregnancy, that it can decrease or eradicate some tumors. With that, I decided to have children. I, however, kept it in mind that I am highly capable of this nuisance as well as anyone else.

In between my pregnancies, I would always get screen yearly even though it is recommended that a woman gets her first mammogram at age thirty-five. In the last year and a half, I got a mammogram every six months. This was why it was realized that my left breast tumor had changed. In general when people wait too long to get screened that is when things get out of hand.

At this time, my body could benefit by high levels of hormone produced in pregnancy, but with the state of my marriage, there is no way, I would bring another child into this. I know that it is written that my life would be saved through child bearing, and this is the reason that is so written. Both Chemotherapy and radiation destroys cells, and is poison, but childbearing is the opposite, it produces life.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric