Felt her Pain!

It is difficult for even me to understand human brokenness. What causes them to respond and behave a certain way? I knew that neglected and abuse children had numerous struggles. I just never quite got to understand indifference and the inability to display concern or affection.

Today, I saw something in the daughter for whom my heart bleeds most. As she tried to explain the reason, as she acted out, why she did not to care about who she was hurting. She explained that she finally got to understand herself.

As for me all I knew was where I came from. What I had given up, and the reason I did what I had chosen to do. I still had not captured the most crucial element, my precise reason for why I came here, which was to understand human behavior. I cannot declare that I have fully grasp it but I can say, that today I could actually empathize with my daughter.

I suppose I can say that it is time for her to move on. I hope she does well in life and that she was most importantly honest with her self. As difficult as life was, this was the reason I stayed. It was because I never had the heart to leave and I wanted someone else to initiate those first steps for me. If, however, I had the love and support I needed things would not have been that raw for me.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric