Pisces in Crisis!

Very much the fish, that I have become,
And certainly do not care to be,
I am now slivering around
On nothing other than dry ground.

How long can a fish survive like this?
This is equivalent to a beating on the head.
Wish I was better schooled in life, instead.
This dry spell is far worse than being burnt.
Closer to being roasted, it is hell on earth.

I started to believe, think like religious men.
It totally eluded me as to what the wise men meant.
As it is written, I believed, they saw his star in the east.
So I missed what those wise men truly did.

I should have asked for my partner's sign.
Realized this before I decided to wed.
Just did not know anything about this.
Or have I ever before placed any value on it.
But seriously narrow mindedly discarded it.
Thought suitability came from religious belief.

Now that I have lost the gust of life
I realized I should have had an Aquarius partner.
That was what my beloved brother was.
He was like the water, I needed. Too late for this fish.
Now I have been twice served on a cold dish.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric