A Challenge!

As I reluctantly decided to let go.
I watched as you slowly but determinedly
Turned to walk away, I hesitated, momentarily.
I could not entertain my feelings, it was unbearable.

Did not want to flirt with disappointment, know pain.
Supposed I knew it was the end of the season of us.
Fantasy was ending, Reality had set in.
In time truth will flourish and be harvested.

I had a job that needed to be completed.
Yet, I was afraid, trembled looking within myself.
To see images of a previous time, when I watched.
was untouched by the ideas, ideal of others.

Today I ponder about those times.
The rediscovering of each other.
In a different, but truly delightful way.
No longer will I watch, but actively being involved.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric