Clearly Demonstrated!

A tear for the girl, I never knew.
Luxury for the one, I loved.
It was her that I pursued and said,
I do, to her, but no other.
To her children, I provided a home.

A lie for the one, who flirted with me.
Marriage for the one, I wanted to keep.
A curse for the one who claimed to be
A treasure, not one I desired to keep.
Lost is she and soon to be buried.

Sadness for the one, I refused to see.
Passion for the one that lies next to me.
My name she'll gladly bear
And alone she'll never be or despair.
Her I would always comfort while I’m here.

Shame for the one, I abhor, and sees no more.
Everything for the one my heart beats for.
She knows that she's all longed for.
If there were any doubts, I wrote it all out.
So there's no question as to whom I truly loved.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric