Lesson in Charity!

I anticipate a much better year.
Was it not I that wrote once,
That faith is not nothingness.
So what am I supposed to do?

Sit around waiting to be rescued
By my illusive self consumed prince?
Need I prove to him that I am, family?
What for, is that truly a requirement?

Need I ask again, have I not before.
In order to be ignored some more.
Not exactly what I was hoping for.
But is it not persistence that works.

Even though you first said, no!
Am I supposed to ask and ask again?
Is that not how this industry works?
For every yes, there were twenty nos.

My apprehension has everything to do with
Who I am as an independent minded woman.
I hate having to depend or submit to any one.
My nature holds me hostage, I’d rather defeat.

Think about it, if you truly knew who I was.
Let’s say I was your niece and not just someone
You had arbitrarily met, while walking in the street?
Would you not have chosen to treat me differently?

I do not see altruism in the helpers of acquaintance.
But in those that extend it to strangers, non-relatives.
Neither do I regard charity that benefits one-self.
I have been trying to impart that message to you.

The reason my origin and relation was with held.
The only reason, I will prove that our connection.
Goes beyond strangers, or merely just friends.
I’ve said several times, yet still you do not believe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric