Time, my only Friend!

I heard your words but believe your deeds.
I promise myself that you, I would forever leave.
Never a friend, one that my soul truly condemns.
With him, I would never want to be seen again.

Time was my only true friend, I discovered that,
As life tramples and others depart, refuse to stay,
That time sticks around and keeps ticking a way.
Oh time, look at what you have done. Please, stop.

Stop the clock; and not just a moment, but far more.
The reason I am sad, but not sincerely shocked.
Tick tock, tick tock, that damn old ticking clock.
Has all but caused me to age and look like an old frock.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric