Made the Best Choice for me!

I had my post surgery check today. The physician assistant came in to see me first to discuss her recommendations. It was to have chemotherapy in order to suppress or inhibited estrogen. I flatly refused! Later the surgeon came in and explained that my (LCIS) Lobular carcinoma in situ, levels were high. This is an indicator that I am at a higher risk of developing breast cancer than the rest of the population. I understood the rationale for the recommendation, but I know my situation. I know that chemo causes one to become acutely weak. At the moment, I do not have the kind of support that a person undergoing that kind of treatment requires.

Right now I feel that I am a hostage to my situation. Therefore, I will not intentionally allow my body to become physically weak, and I feel that treatment would do that. I would not be able to handle the stress of my household plus the treatment. I do not need just words of love and support, and a lot of material things to make up for what is lacking. I am in need of genuine care. Today, I feel more exhausted than I have been since the surgery. I know that I keep saying that I need rest, and a vacation. As always, I know that life will move on until the next crisis. Perhaps, what I should say is that I need for all the foolishness to end because that is what I need to get away from. I know that in the past that I became burnt out because I kept attending to the needs of others but neglected my own.

All these can cry and place blame on me for their acting out and not for a moment recognize how this has affected me. They all focus on what they want. Just like my husband not wanting me to leave but to take a minute to stop and humor me, he would not do. Like I said, whatever claims I have made it is with the most excellent of reasons.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric