What Love is to me!

If you brought happiness to my life,
Then I would enjoy talking to you
I’d write poems and songs about you.
I would tell you that above all you were
The most valuable being, I ever embraced.

But I am a complicated kind of girl
I am inclined to give a lot more
Than I have ever accepted or received.
I place more value on love than I do money.
Still am sad when I lose something of worth.

I certainly do not like when I am used.
Or taken for granted or tossed aside.
As though, I am not truly what I am.
Do not like when I am refused either.
Especially when I would not do that to another.

So love for me is what I just expressed.
Or would do for one in whom I would attest.
Was truly one that I loved and was fondest of.
And this is yet to become my reality, the story
Of how you came to be in my life, in the future.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric