Not Just Another Girl!

I long to see my friend again!
Met her only briefly, on occasion.
Do not truly know her.
Still I promised her, I would visit.
It may cost me for to see her face,
I will spear no expense.
As I told her, I will call,
Return at the beginning of the year.
A hug, a smile for the girl, I met.
Never really knew, but loved.
Thought about you, was there with you.
In spirit, both of us, me and God, she said.

Did not respond to her statement.
Cast her nothing more than a glance.
Wish I could tell her the truth, my story.
Wish she saw who I really was.
I am Asian, but I am from Louisiana,
My mother bore ten of us, I am the third.
A very hard worker, the reason I am here.
All I saw was her kindness and beauty.
Could not tell that she was Asian.
Just another lovely girl, one that talked,
Greeted me as though she knew my identity.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric