Simply Me!

I knew you once thought about me.
I felt it, picked up the phone.
Only then, to place it back down.
After the feeling to call you had passed.

Later my father explained my urge to me.
In that moment, your thoughts were of me.
As you reflected, my desire, the drive to call.
At that exact time, was extremely strong.

The deterrent was the annoyance you displayed.
When I made the exact last phone call to you.
Ever since, I've fought my intuition to reach-out.
Make that call to say, that I cared about you.

I have explained and enlightened as best I could.
Hope I did not leave you with doubts or confusion.
You see my tendency is always to do for others.
To the detriment of me, why it's hard to simply leave.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric