Here is the Reason!

It was after I realized who I was,
Who you were, that I became angry.
I could not comprehend why you
Had simply turned and walk away.
Drugs and drinking was not an excuse.
Perhaps a reason, but not quite convincing.
Apart of me kept everyone at arms length.
Did not want to bond with any of them.
They still behave characteristically like cave men.
Although, they think them self far more superior.
How could you leave me, turn me over to them?
I had no defense, had to keep my identity a secret.
Where is heaven? How could zion leave his daughter?
These do not truly know, perhaps the reason I am still free.
Walking around as though I am honestly one of them.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric