Greatest Accomplishment

I watched myself as I held him.
Walked with him as he slept.
At the sight of him, I was pleased.
But later became quite upset.
Why would I after twelve years
Start all over, and even at my age.

Do not want to reveal who he actually is.
Concerning what he will be, about that,
You will be quite happy. I just could not tell you.
He is the reason, you will always be known.
That your name will be written, stay in my mouth.

The bible has him recorded as my greatest success.
And as a woman of this time, that is an insult.
I too am still trying to figure things out.
A lot was told me, and I also do not know.
The only thing I know is that he will be notable.

Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric