Love is uninhibited!

You should not do or choose to do
Based on who and what a person is.
That is not honest and actual love.
Love has no restrains, is uninhibited.
Is what I have been trying to explain.
Have been expounding, imparting to you.

Genuine love is blind to identity, boundless.
Reaches out regardless of doubt, limitless.
In the face of opposition, it still persists.
Even when consequences, prevails.
May or may not be inflicted, yet, it endures.
With the absence, of these I am conflicted.
I see resistance and indifference, not as love.
For of all these things, I am sincerely convinced.

Yet, at times, I feel as though you once cared for me.
Other times, I don't, for the indications are few.
What other travesty need I endure, to be sure?
That you truly do love or not love or want me?
I’ve repeated myself o’er and o’er. I know love.
I just have not seen or felt it given me by you.
Not when you leave me to suffer, and not help me.
But, I believe my father, that it’s you, who loved me.
That you will eventually have compassion on me.


Visit ruthspoetry.rahtimes.com/ for more on the Author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Desire was Unreal

It is not you but me.

Feeling Greatful/Behind the Lyric